RSS Feed

"Fran"

Monday's WOD was ridiculous. I've always heard of the dreaded "Fran" but never experienced it myself until last night. The whole workout should be completed in under 10 minutes. I thought there was basically no way I would be able to do it.

WARMUP:
800 Meter Run
3 rounds of 7 x supermans (back extensions) and situps
10 x hip openers: spideys, grasshoppers, scorpions, crosses

SKILL:
Thruster - as demonstrated below by Josh.


FRAN:
21-15-9

Thruster (95#m/65#w) - I did 53# and almost died.
Pull Ups - I did Ring Rows

My time was 9:15 - Its a bit slow I guess but I WAS SO HAPPY!!! I was almost dying when I got done, but I couldn't believe it when I saw that it was under 10!

Fran killed most of us last night! Interesting fact - it wasn't the weight that killed me. It was my wrists! They hurt so bad from the bar resting on them. They are just not as flexible as I would like them to be. It was a struggle each round to get the weight over my head because my wrists were being so uncooperative. There were some 'Feel Good Moments' of the night as well! Leah did her first ever AS RX'd FRAN! She did an awesome job too! Just over 10 minutes and she was able to thruster up 65# and do real pull ups. The girl's an animal!
Here are some pictures from the WOD.








0 comments: