RSS Feed

AMRAP is a Great Way to Jump Back In!

Last night was rough but not as bad as I had imagined it would be. We warmed up by doing a max weight one rep push press - my max is 93#.

THE WOD:

AMRAP (15 minutes)

100m Sprint
7 x 35# Kettlebell swing (Rx)
7 x 20" Box Jump (24" Rx)
7 x Pull ups (used a band... not Rx)

I did 5 rounds plus a sprint! Not too rough for a first day back! Its surprising that even though I missed about 3 weeks of CrossFit, I was able to hop right back in without it being too overwhelming. I am absolutely sore today though!




On a side/sad note... I decided to rejoin the land of the paleo/zone dieters. - no, that's not the sad part! I had a great day yesterday being really good on my diet! I had a nice salad for lunch, turkey stuffed zucchini's at dinner, then I went for dessert... I just wanted a stinking apple with some almond butter... I was cutting through the apple and missed and chopped off 1/3 of my middle finger's nail, nail bed and a bit of the tissue below it. It hurts hurts hurts! Its all wrapped up but unfortunately that means I wont be doing any WOD's that involve my hands for a while.. Looks like it will be squats/running/sit ups for the next month. It is frustrating that I get right back into working hard and working out and I injure myself. Why can't life just be FAIR!? :/ Oh, well. Still going to hit the gym tonight, hopefully I can find SOMETHING to do!

1 comments:

Tom Meredith said...

You should update this one as it is no longer correct. You are able to suck it up and do workouts with your hands; as demonstrated by last night's.