RSS Feed

Wall Balls and Burpees... What could be better?!

Last night was a butt burner. Technically it was an everything burner but my butt and thighs hurt the most- probably from the front squat max yesterday and the thrusters the day before!

The warm up began with the following:
26# kettle bell in one hand at your side. walk to the short corner (no leaning!) - switch hands and walk back.
26# kettle bell in one hand at your side (arm straight) walking lunges! - if you ever wanted to work on your but and thighs THIS is the movement to do it!
26# kettle bell in "waiter" pose - arm completely straight and over head no wrist bend. walk to corner, switch hands and walk back.
26# kettle bell in "waiter" pose walking lunges. YIKES! I think my glutes are going to be sore for weeks!
After this we practiced L-Sits (I have zero ability to do these...so far)



THE WOD:
Leah and I partnered up for this one. we did it as RX'd, but my throws were really bad. I need to start using the 15# med ball in WODs from now on. Thanks Leah for putting up with them!!

There were 5 two minute rounds. Here's an example of how the WOD would go: I wall ball toss, Leah catches it. As soon as I throw it, I drop down and do a full burpee = 1 rep. Repeat with other partner. Rest for 2 minutes between each round. We did an avg. 23 reps per round. with a total count of reps being 117! Not too shabby! :) Scores below (we are listed as 'frecks and chucks') - don't ask.
Also, lately I've really been trying to get my kip down in the hopes that I can acheive a kipping pull up by the end of October. I've was practicing without a band but I couldn't quite keep my kip going. Jade (a fellow CF NHer) reccommended I try a kipping pull up with a band. It seemed scary but it really helped. I was actually able to do some! (even if I was 'chicken necking' it.) Each time I work on it I'm that much closer! Below is a picture of me with my fancy CF shirt and resting between tries. It was WAY too much work to keep taking my foot out of the band for rest so I just left it in- AND I got a good quad stretch in!

0 comments: