RSS Feed

New PR! - Front Squat (plus a 4 minute WOD!)

Tuesday night was a quick 4 minute WOD, but was supplemented with a 1 Rep Max of the Front Squat. I didn't really think too much of it, but once we got going it felt much easier than I would have expected. I was excited to keep trying to add more weight. By the time our group of 4 got to around 143#, the other 3 girls had dropped off. They were encouraging me saying that I didn't look like I was struggling too much, and that I should keep going.



Finally, I made it to a 158#! Definitely a Personal Record for me! I couldn't believe I was able to do it! Kris said that my "posterior chain" aka my legs and butt - are very strong, and that I would have been able to keep going if my core/back and shoulders were stronger. I kept leaning forward because my back wasn't strong enough to keep me in line. In any case, I had a great time doing it! Finally! - A movement I am good at!

-Instructional Video from CrossFit.com-



The WOD was short and sweet:
4 minutes no rest, as many reps as possible, 1 minute each movement.
Pull ups - I used a band to help get me up there - 17 reps
Push ups - Knee pushups - 24 reps
Sit ups - I did 30?
Squats - Roughly40?

My total reps was 100.

Tom made me a tape grip for my hand and it saved it from further tearing. I'll post step by step pictures soon on how to make one for yourself. They're amazing!
DON'T FORGET TO SIGN UP FOR FIGHT GONE BAD! OR DONATE!

0 comments: